Friday, March 9, 2012

Dream Big, Work Hard, Have Faith

Been a long hard ride, there's still a long rode home, but I'm on my way back to ME!

This picture was taking in 2008, another time in my life that I had to fight through obstacles, climb a mountain that I believed to be insurmountable. But...as for me.... I might die tryin, but I don't give up. I've always loved these animals. Horses have always been my escape, my passion. YeHah! to the day I get to ride again.

Dream Big, Work Hard, Have Faith

So next week is one of those that I can't help but worry about, but in no way can I change.  I will be re-staged! (In words we all understand!!!) Staging begins at 0 and goes to.... complete your "Bucket List" (one of my favorite movies). I know the news I want to hear... but I have comfort, whatever the news,,,, I'm not riding any faster than my guardian angel can fly!

“You were given life; it is your duty (and also your entitlement as a human being) to find something beautiful within life, no matter how slight.”  Elizabeth Gilbert  

It's not always easy to see that "beauty within life." Reading the above quote made me think about it differently. "Entitlement"... I'd never equated being entitled to finding something beautiful. But I liked it! There are times when we look back on events of our lives when we were grieving, deeply hurt, perhaps unfairly challenged, mourning, maybe even a heart broken, but our life was changing. Carcinoid taught me to see the beauty in all of them, because in some way, all of them, reminded me that I AM LIVING, and in living I was entitled to experience more of this life and of God's magnificent beauty.


1 comment: