Monday, January 16, 2012

Cancer isn't a Battle, It's War

The last four days have been emotional, physical and spiritual. I think that pictures for now may tell the most accurate account of what it's been like.
First battle--- getting me to wear a hospital gown! Yall know how much I despise them







How to get me to wear paper shoes


Ready to go! Paper Shoes and All!




Mama gets pinned with the official carcinoid zebra. She was already wearing her  Fight  Like A Girl Button



This was the beginning of a Sandostatin treatment. It would be alot at once. I had been warned that it would be tough... it was.


No one fights alone

Mama reminded me to Fight Like A Girl! She had to remind herself to do the same.

Dark is the night but I can weather the storm, I'll never give up, never give in, 

Never lose hope, never lose faith


Me with my cousin Paul, right before surgery.





Last words before surgery, "Don't Forget my Boys" 

A Promise Given: We Won't





First words after surgery "Where's Mama"


Mama, "What's my Blood Pressure?"

No stoppin now, I won't let you down





First post-op day

Mama carried her Carcinoid bags with her everywhere


We never quit


These green things are as horrible as the look on my face



Talking to the boys for the first time.

Time to Walk



Did I mention I hate hospital gowns




Respiratory, I think she knew I might take that from her and hit her with it



Who Dat




I'm ready to watch the game.And my wine is IV. 


This tailgaitin hospital style!

Dr. Beaudreaux came too!

Had to walk again during the half-time








My nurse Naomi! She was great! She dressed for the game for me!

 My fight isn't over, but I am raised up every day through the prayers and care of everyone at home. I would't be who I am without all of you. Thank You. I will not give up, I will continue to fight this thing ... and we will win!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting all these pictures! I helps me visualize it all. And to just see your faces. I love you all so much. You're so strong, Julie. And your right, no givin' up now! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you rock that Saints jersey! So glad you posted pictures you know how our minds work. We need proof to know that you are really doing good. I am so proud of you. Your strength is shining through. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers daily. Continue to fight and come home soon. It's not the same here without you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look amazing! Sending love and prayers to you, your family and all of those taking care of you. Stay tough! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady...even on your worst day, you're beautiful. And why are you hating on that hospital gown? You were WORKING it. So glad to know you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Rock! Your one strong girl! God bless you, your family, and your healers. Love, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing ur journey. Your strength is a blessing to my soul.MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

    Oh yes...YOU STILL ROCKIN THAT DIVATUDE

    ReplyDelete