Tuesday, January 24, 2012

There's No Place Like Home

There are no words to express how much I miss all of you ... my boys, my friends. Recovery is slow, but I was told a great saying today. "This is the kind of pain you can recover from"... true that! The pain of loss, of people in our lives, we don't really ever recover sometimes from that, but this I will recover from. 
Chemotherapy has proven to be just what you've heard ... a nightmare. I loved The Princess Bride, you may remember the scene when the life was being drained from Wesley's body. After, he wasn't dead, but he couldn't hold even his arms up, well I know that feeling. My strength isn't so much right now, but I wanted to do another update for all of you. Your love and care for me has been my motivator.

Presents from home made hard days easier






Rated "O" for OUCH! Oh and "Y" for Yuck!





This is my Super Woman cuff from my little sister! I  feel stronger already.

Never underestimate the power of Clean.





A fleur de lis scarf from Mama




A beautiful necklace

This was Leslie, a fabulous nurse... from Birmingham

Dr. Wang mapped out my lymphatic system during surgery. He's a genius. He's a surgical oncologist who used to be a dentist and then a pathologist and then a surgeon and he's also a drummer! 

He implanted chemotherapy in my abdomen during surgery. This method allows for 98 times more potency then just IV. He wanted me to see his latest paper that was published. His patient outcomes are nothing short of a miracle. Thank You God, for men like this... willing to think outside the box ... so that people like me get to live their lives. Dr. Wang's final words in the room that day... "You don't worry about cancer, that's my job." yes sir. Dear Cancer, ready to take another vacation from you. And I hope to never see you again.




Not real excited about this part.

ouch



Ms Judy took good care of me.

Missing All of You


I cried as they wheeled me out. I was thankful this part was over, and one step closer to home.

Discharged!!!!!


Ready to go to my home away from home now.

Some days are just really tough to get through,

and you need a hug.


It was time to go and Mama decided that the best place for me to heal was to come home with her.


My Aunt Bonnie... also a nurse, came to take care of me too.


Even Pearl is trying to help.

There are moments I feel better, and then there are those when I feel the full weight of all that this body has endured in the last weeks. One thing is for sure, your love and your prayers speak loudly during those moments when breathing seems difficult. I love you and I'll see you soon.




4 comments:

  1. When you get back to the Oak Mountain area, I would love to help you out in any way I can. Sending you healing prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you are out and that your mom and aunt are taking good care of you. Cant wait till you can come home. Love and miss you

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures! Makes me miss you all the more and wish I was there to help out or just sit with you. I think you've made it to the top of that @#$%@&$ hill and now you're on the down side. I'm hoping so anyway. You're proof that we CAN survive through WAY MORE than we think we can! I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juliet....how in the world are you able to go thru all you are and look that beautiful is beyond my understanding! I am thankful for each and every one of those helping you thru this...God has placed them all where they need to be. You are truly an inspiration to us all! Continuing to pray for your recovery and complete healing! love you girl!
    Kim Wellman

    ReplyDelete